In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, February 9, 2018

Some Late Roman cavalry

Some more work on my slow going painting commission for a friend's 28mm Late Imperial Romans army. I've been working on this off and on for a few years. Fortunately my friend is patient and figures that even with my slow progress they are getting done faster than if he were painting them.

This installment is three units of cavalry and another cohort of Auxilia Palatina.




The sudden announcement that he is coming from Ottawa to visit friends in the area this weekend prompted me to get a shift on and decal the shields. Otherwise they've been done for a couple of months. But I wasn't expecting to see him for another month at Hotlead.

While I was busy with water and tweezers to apply decals I put some more crosses and numbers on my German armour.


I'm thinking I need to do some scenarios in Normandy or Market Garden to put the Tigers and King Tigers on the table. I also need some Polish or French opposition for my Early War German armour.

2 comments: