In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Things are Getting Exciting!

Hotlead is less than 2 weeks away!
Things filled up pretty quickly and without much poking from me this year.
I remember 25 years ago spending weekends on the telephone calling, begging, and cajoling GMs and vendors to come. Thanks to the interweb, Facebook and just word of mouth it's a lot less effort to organize. The new website is smoother to update too. I like it when I can just cut and paste a game description from an email into the field with minimal editing.
Now I get people sending me games before I really start organizing stuff in January and some vendors book their booth a year ahead.
So this year it looks like I'm going to have:

  • 5 DBA tournaments
  • a 40K tournament thingy
  • a Hobby Table workshop
  • 86 open participation games!
That's right, EIGHTY-FREAKIN'-SIX! open participation games. That is a record.
If anyone complains about nothing to play, well there isn't much we can do for you.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I really can't wait.

    Glad to hear that organizing is getting easier. It seems like it's still a lot of work.

    For those who are going to HL: book your hotel room early. I had trouble getting a last minute reservation last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to a day of gaming and spending money and capping the day off with running a good game of Chain of Command.

    ReplyDelete