In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Compounds WIP

Stopped thinking and perusing other people's work and started cutting this week.

I'll get a couple more assembled then I'll texture and paint all at once.

I'm stalled on the big grape hut in the background. I think it's too big, but I'm not sure how to make smaller vents. I may switch to wood and use a drill and file to cut the vents.

The buildings with the thatched lean-tos is inspired by one of the Silver Whistle's buildings. I'm not sure if you can see them, but I am trying to build some rock walls under the lean-tos with fish tank gravel.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. For the grape hut, do you need actual openings? How about cutting a single slit for each opening? Then you could press it open a bit with a toothpick or other tool of the right width.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to keep the vents you could always make them look shorter by gluing a strip of paper or thin balsa across the top half inch or so. The thickness of the paper will disappear when you texture the outside, and balsa could be a ledge or a thicker part of the masonry/mud. Carefully blacking out the inside should hide the cosmetic fix to all but the terminally curious. It would be shame to throw it away after all of that cutting!

    ReplyDelete