In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, August 7, 2015

Afghan Security Forces

Since Canadian operations in the Panjwayi were mostly in support of Afghan government forces, I decided early on to include some ANA and ANP as options for my Canadian platoon.

I have finished a second quartet of Elheim figures ANP:


I painted these fellows with black belts and ammo pouches. The first four got tan pouches.

To give them a ride they have an S&S technical mounting a heavy machine gun:


I have also done some Afghan National Army as well, using Elheim's Syrian infantry:


Google Images showed both a digital cam pattern and a woodland green-brown-khaki patter.  I opted for the woodland pattern.  I probably should have gotten two support packs. I now realise that an ANA section is probably organised into two four man fireteams like the western armies training them. Someday I will fix that and maybe get them a Humvee as well.

The irony is of course that when our first troops arrived in Kabul there was much criticism of their green combats. And after getting arid pattern cadpats we're supporting local troops wearing green camo.

I also have a few Afghan civilians. One pack of men and one of women, mostly in the amazing blue burkas that seem to be most common.



It's down to a few bits now. The biggest will be turning a die cast pickup into a burned out wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment