In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Monday, May 4, 2015

Churchill tanks done!

Bought these Dec 2013.
Got them primed fall of 2014.
Finally painted them this past week.
I was bored last Sunday night. "Why don't you paint?" Asks daughter no. 2 with great wisdom.
"Too tired" I reply thinking of the lacing on samurai armour.
Then I remember a bunch of 15mm armour primed and waiting. I wasn't too tired to roughly dry brush green onto some tanks.

And here they are, a troop of Churchill's, a close support tank with 95mm howitzer and an AVRE.

Churchill troop

Close support tank


AVRE
I added some extra stowage. For the AVRE I figured the commander would be hunkered down a bit more and used a TC figure from the Sherman set. Notice the different arm positions on the TC for the CS tank busy observing the effect of his HE barrage and the Trp Cmdr in the act of scanning for threats as he advances against some German held ridge in Italy or Normandy.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! The highlighting really adds a lot to what can be a rather drab paint scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I've always liked the Churchill tank.

    ReplyDelete