In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Filling the Square

Last August I showed you this square of 15mm British Colonial figures and hordes of Mahdists. Well I've finally gotten the middle of the square finished up. I almost had these guys done at the end of February as well, but as mentioned earlier, I didn't pick up my paint brushes all of March and into early April.

Here are some 15mm Essex baggage camels, some beef cattle of unknown manufacture, a trio of Essex senior officers and more artillery from Peter Pig.


I used a Minwax wash to pick out the fine details and then highlighted some things like the sailor hats afterwards.

Screw gun

Naval Brigade Nordenfelt MG

British command
And here's a shot of my busy and messy painting area with what's still on it:


The Victorian chaps in front are a birthday present for a friend, which I should have done before his next birthday. I'll show them off better once they're done. The masses of Samurai are finally assembled and you will be hearing more about them as well, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment