In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Launch Pains

Starting the new venture is proving to be somewhat complex.
Unpacking and sorting the stock and then setting up the shelves was, it appears, the easy part.
Trying to set up a web store, facilitate ordering and taking people's money is proving far more complex than envisioned.
Apparently web stores are time consuming to build...

And I'd rather not do all my business with people knocking on the door. That will limit my customer base considerably.

Part of the complexity is that I am taking over an existing structure and getting together with my predecessor at WGG to get things like the bank card and access to the bank accounts has taken time to coordinate schedules. But I can now take cheques and paypal payments! (Still have to figure out credit card payments however, but small steps...)
However, an old friend from High School has designed us a spiffy logo.

jmlogo


The ampersand may have to disappear since ampersands and domain names don't go together and "JandMMiniatures.com" would look silly.

1 comment:

  1. There's many a headache to a new business venture, as I know all too well. Good luck with your endeavors, and many happy sales to you.

    ReplyDelete