In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Monday, August 15, 2011

28mm Perry ACW Generals

I don't paint a lot of American Civil War. Actually I haven't painted any since I did Don's 15mm Fire and Fury Union army many, many years ago. It's one of the few periods I don't have much interest in building armies for. But this latest commission of some Perry Miniatures American Civil War personalities was a lot of fun.
6 Union commanders (packs ACW44 & 45) and 6 Confederate commanders (packs ACW 46 & 47).


Sickles, Howard, Hancock

Sykes, Doubleday, Meade

Longstreet, Lee, Hood
Heth, Stuart, Pickett
Fortunately my friend Mike, whose extensive 15mm ACW armies you've admired previously on this blog, loaned me some of his reference books. The customer only cared that I put Lee on a white horse, but I wanted to get a few more details right.


A close up of Meade -looking worried at Gettysburg
A close up of Lee -every inch the Southern gentleman

I went back to my usual technique with these figures and didn't use the Army Painter Dip. The Perry figures were, as usual, beautifully sculpted and exquisitely detailed. The customer is going to base them himself once he gets them home.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely set of generals. My favourite is Lee, he does look every inch the southern gent. I also like the horse pose..a "calm" looking combo..
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul, that would be Lee's most famous horse "Traveller"; a grey with black mane and tail.

    ReplyDelete