In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Air games at Hotlead 2011

One of the regular attendees at Hotlead takes a lot of pictures. He cleans them up and burns them to a disk and then mails it to me. This year's disk has 820+ images on it! It arrived when I was rather busy a few weeks back with other things and didn't have time to prowl through the disk and see what there was.

It now being a rather rainy Sunday morning I'll try and post a few of them to show the variety of games we enjoy at Hotlead. First up, air games.

Bombers over Germany in 1945
Keith's taken to aerial gaming with a vengeance. He has aircraft for WW1, every theatre in WW2 and Korea. For WW2 and Korea he uses Check Your 6! but for WW1 he uses Algernon Pulls it Off by TFL.

World War 1
This fellow scratch builds all of his WW1 aircraft to (I think) 1/200th scale. Might be 1/300th though. Last year he didn't get any takers for his game but this year he seemed pretty full and ran an extra session.
These planes are all hand made to scale from wood.

Jets over Korea.

MiGs

Sabres

2 comments:

  1. I've wondered if there is a commercial stand suitable for 1/72 scale Second World War aircraft -- not necessarily for air games, but to allow aerial components to land games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I made mine out of stiff wire and heavy washers.

    ReplyDelete