In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Time to Put the Kettle On

Well there's bugger all on the Job Bank today to apply to. Time to put the kettle on and lose mysel fin the latest Pascoe and Dalziel novel The Cure for All Diseases. More death and mayhem in Yorkshire.
Funny series. One starts off liking DS Pascoe and hating his fat, gluttinous crude boss DI Dalziel, but as one goes through the series you get to like the rough Yorkshireman and find his well educated subordinate rather annoying.
Dalziel like Columbo isn't as dumb as he acts and Reginald Hill captures the voice really well. You can hear him talking when you read the dialogue.
Almost makes one want to go to Yorkshire...
But yesterday's interviewing went well I thought. Hoping to be called for a second interview later this week. They're getting into their busy season and want the job filled ASAP.
I can do ASAP. I could start tomorrow if they'd like. Hell, tonight even....

No comments:

Post a Comment