In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Some lovely figures.





I got these in November to paint up for a friend. Empress Miniatures 28mm Natal Carabineers (dismounted). Really lovely sculpts with lots of crisp detail. One can even see the "NC" badge on their helmets. The Martini-Henry Carbines are very nicely done. There are the four poses; two standing, two kneeling one of each loading and one firing. Trouble is the one kneeling and loading is a Sergeant. 5 packs to make up a 20 figure unit makes for 5 Sergeants; which seemed a bit much. But with a bit of trimming and filing 3 of them got demoted to Corporals.
He was very happy when he got them.
I'm trying to tell him he needs to get some of their mounted comrades. He needs cavalry and the Empress horse sculpts are some of the best in the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment