In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Slaves of Mordor

Well I got called by the Temp agency again.
So I had to rush over to Kitchener to their office to do the paper work and do the WHMIS test and get the H&S briefing so I could then go to Woodstock for a 3:30 to midnight shift. Man a lot of driving.
The place makes the racks that Toyota parts are shipped in.
Lot of steel and welding sparks and fumes and grinding. Noisy. Badly lit. Really shitty ergonomic layouts. But as I move further down the automotive foodchain the working conditions get worse.
Lot of Temps all looking resigned. Guys without their HS diploma and piercings and tats. But all this Just in Time inventory nonsense means the Forges of Mordor need Just in Time staffing too.
I did get three extra hours though.

No comments:

Post a Comment