In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Black dog

I call it my Black Dog. The anxiety and despair that swirls about the bed at 3 in the morning keeping me awake with it's soft padding and snuffling.
Being out of work and out of money in the winter has to be the worst.
Shakespeare's opening from Richard III "Now is the winter of our discontent..." really rings true right now. Everything is cold and grey and shitty. You want to turn on the furnace but worry about the gas bill.
Drove to London in crap winter weather for a Job Fair today. Lots of booths for different companies trying to attract the Fanshawe students. Not many taking resumes but just encouraging people to apply on their corporate websites. Got a few leads, but everything takes soooo long. I'm sorry I can't wait until March.
One company that does corporate call center support emailed me right away though. Maybe they want someone ASAP. At least it's incoming customer service calls, not cold calling sales work.
While I was doing this I missed the Temp agency calling to fill a shift for this afternoon.
Fuck.
My Snugglebunny is starting to get supremely anxious about keeping the house.
So my Black Dog of despair is hounding me pretty heavily today. I think he's brought a few puppies along.
It's really hard to keep my Faith that everything will turn out alright. I've had enough testing God, I'd just like to see the Promised Land now thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment